The Old Cumberland County Courthouse, located in downtown Carlisle, was built in 1846 and is a brick structure with an impressive bell-and-clock tower and sandstone columns. Currently still in use, the Courthouse is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm and houses several county offices.
The town of Carlisle is famously known for the Carlisle Events Auto Shows that take place every year at the fairgrounds. Thousands make the trip for the annual swap meets, auctions, industry celebrity guests, downtown parades, and specialty shows like the Sports & Outdoors Show and Truck Nationals.
Carlisle is noted for its restored architecture and tree-lined streets–once walked on by George Washington, Molly Pitcher and other icons of early America. If history is your passion, this town offers landmarks, museums, a retro movie and performing arts theatre, and a Civil War augmented reality walking tour that allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to see history with new eyes!
School Districts in Carlisle:
Municipalities in Carlisle:
53 W. South Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
2051 Spring Rd, Carlisle, PA 17013
350 N Middlesex Rd # 2, Carlisle, PA 17013
West Pennsboro Township
2150 Newville Rd, Carlisle, PA 17015
Parks & Libraries:
- Bosler Memorial Library – 158 W High St, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Shaffer Park
- Letort Park
- Cave Hill Nature Center – 16 Cave Hill Dr, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Village Park – 1830 Suncrest Dr, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Thornwald Park – 350 Walnut Bottom Rd, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Kings Gap, 500 Kings Gap Rd, Carlisle, PA 17015
- Carlisle Area Dog Parks – 1649 Spring Rd, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Carlisle Borough-Community Pool – 1236 Franklin St, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Butcher Tot Lot – 46 Chestnut Ave, Carlisle, PA 17013
JP’s Favorite Carlisle Restaurants:
- Hamilton Restaurant (order the hot-chee dog)
- Café Bruges
- Market Cross Pub & Brewery
- 1794 The Whiskey Rebellion
- Redd’s Smokehouse
- The Pizza Grille – Carlisle
- Brick Kitchen & Bar
Search Carlisle Homes for Sale
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2018 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Mar 17, 2018 7:35:am.
Today's Market Trends for Carlisle *
* All data pertains to single-family homes